Take a Closer Look At Your Nervous System and Get Ready For Change
The new year is right around the corner, and just like that, another year of your life has passed. If you are ready to make big leaps in 2023, better review the highs and lows of this past year. How you handled stress and build bridges towards your goals can tell you a lot about where your work is to create a better future.
A more prosperous and abundant future awaits those who are ready to ask and reflect on questions designed to both challenge you and move your forward with intention.
If that sounds like you then let’s get to it.
- How did you feel emotionally this past year?
- How was the quality of your thinking?
- Were you able to stay focused on what you wanted to see? Or did you spend too much time in anger and regret?
- What was your relationship with money?
- Did you see the growth you were hoping for in your personal and professional life?
- Did you practice self-care? Or were you continually burnt out?
As you reflect on these questions, take note of how they feel in your body. Are any other lingering truths or excuses popping into your thoughts?
Now raise your hand if you’ve felt awkward or uncomfortable asking for your needs to be met over the last year.
My hand is high in the sky! This past year has continued to challenge me at every turn. Every time I made a leap in the right direction I was tested. As though the universe just wanted to make sure I really wanted something to go a certain way.
These challenges reminded me that change IS challenging! But if you want to keep moving forward and achieve big goals, then you must get ready to be uncomfortable.
If you’re feeling uncomfortable with big and challenging changes in your life, you are not alone. If you feel like your mind is constantly rationalizing you out of your desires, this is normal.
Getting uncomfortable is a sign that you are pushing through a comfort area. This is good! It means you are ready for growth and opportunity.
If the questions in your head sound like any of these…
- They’ll think I’m a fraud
- I can’t afford to invest in my business
- I’m asking for too much
- Do I really need a coach or counselor for my healing?
And if they are coupled with these sensations in your body…
- Lump in your throat
- Knot in your stomach
- Tightness in your chest
- Shallow breathing
That means you are being pushed to your edge. Your growth edge. This is where…
- Fear of rejection is met and challenged
- Guilt from past events are exposed and released
- Shame you keep hidden is brought to the light and dissolved
These are not feelings any of us wish to have. But it is on the other side of any discomfort that you will see and benefit from growth.
Listen to Your Body
Your body is constantly giving you signals. Learning to listen to those signals is a great place to start your growth journey. If you’re ready to make the most of this upcoming year, then pay attention to the stories you’ve been telling yourself. You know, the ones that are holding you hostage in a life you don’t even like.
Your body can tell you if what you are doing at any moment is helping or hurting you. The stories in your head are sending signals to your body that are either working towards building a healthy and beautiful life or keeping you stuck in an old one.
The real question here is… What is your worth? And are your thoughts worthy of you?
Your Head and Your Nervous System
The stories you tell yourself day after day about what is happening in your life and what is and is not possible don’t actually live in your head. They live in your nervous system.
Deep within your nervous system is the root of all your stories, and in order to change, you must identify these stories and pull them out from the root.
Your nervous system houses your emotions and your energy, and it adjusts itself to protect you always. If your stories are constantly fear and lack-driven then your nervous system is reflecting that. This is why your nervous system is a great place to start.
You can ease your body, and mind by calming your nervous system.
This doesn’t mean problems will dissolve. But it can mean that how you react to problems will dissolve. Helping you move faster in the direction of the life more worthy of you.
Let’s imagine what is possible for this upcoming year…
- Feeling excited to move forward in your business
- Ready to create more wealth and abundance
- Spending more quality time with family and friends
- Getting your finances in order
- Practicing more self-compassion and health
All of this is available for you now! When you heal the root of your nervous system stories and embody your worth.
Now is the time to stop running in circles and move into the new year with ease.
Breathwork is the Ticket!
The simplest way to heal past stories and move into a more abundant and clear future is through breathwork.
Breathwork helps you attract and manifest your true desires. Taking the time to slow down and consciously breathe energy and life into your body, you begin to realize where you’ve been stuck. Creating an embodied relationship with yourself is vital for transformation. Breathwork can help unlock these blocks, identify the roots of negative stories, and guide you in visualizing a future worthy of you. A total transformation from the inside out.
Make this year the most abundant yet!
Give breathwork a try and see how it can calm your nervous system in under 5 minutes. Opening you up to see the world and your place in it through a new lens. More clear, more focused, and ready to break through old limiting beliefs.
Below is a simple 4×4 breathing technique to get you started.
You are also invited to watch any of my breathing videos on my youtube channel or purchase Breath Mindset, a self-led 4-week online breathing course designed to help move your mindset and breath into coherence.
- Be mindful of your posture. Move your back away from any support and plant your feet firmly on the ground.
- Begin by inhaling through your nose to the count of four. Let the breath come from your belly.
- Take a slight pause at the top and feel the air move through your body.
- Exhale fully through the nose to the count of four. Consciously let go of thoughts and toxins that no longer serve you.
- Take a slight pause at the bottom and feel the stillness in your body
- Repeat for five cycles.